All known references to the Law of Cohesion by Alice A. Bailey (AAB) in her voluminous writings and those given to her by Djwhal Khul (DK). Links on these pages of the Laws of Alice A. Bailey are to the online books at the Lucis Trust website.
What is a law?
… a law is but the spiritual impulse, incentive and life manifestation of that Being in which he lives and moves. A Treatise on White Magic , INTRODUCTORY REMARKS
A law is an expression or manifestation of force applied, under the power of thought, by a thinker or group of thinkers. Discipleship in the New Age, Vol. I , SECTION ONE – DISCIPLESHIP IN THE NEW AGE – Part 2
… a law is in reality the effect of the life of a greater entity as it encloses a lesser within its living processes.
Esoteric Healing , Part Three – The Fundamental Laws of Healing
… a law is but the effect of the continued intelligent activity of the Life aspect as it works in conjunction with matter. Esoteric Psychology – Volume I , 5. The Rays in Cyclic Manifestation
A law is only an expression or manifestation of force, applied under the power of thought by a thinker or group of thinkers. Esoteric Psychology – Volume II , II. The Seven Laws of Soul or Group Life – Part 5
A law presupposes a superior being who, gifted with purpose, and aided by intelligence, is so coordinating his forces that a plan is being sequentially and steadily matured. A Treatise on White Magic
The Merriam-Webster dictionary gives on definition of “cohesion” that probably applies here:
the act or state of sticking together tightly; especially : unity
Quotes from the AAB/DK books:
[clxxxii] 82: Note the correspondence that can be traced here. On the second plane we have the Law of Cohesion—love. On the second plane of the manifesting Triad, the Law of Magnetic Control—love. Again lower down on the second plane of the Personality, the Law of Love. The accuracy of the analogy is quite interesting, and provides room for speculation.
3. These three are cosmic laws. There are seven systemic laws, which govern the manifestation of our solar Logos:
a. The Law of Vibration.
b. The Law of Cohesion.
c. The Law of Disintegration.
d. The Law of Magnetic Control.
e. The Law of Fixation.
f. The Law of Love.
g. The Law of Sacrifice and Death.
2. The law of Cohesion. On the second plane cohesion is first apparent. It is the first molecular plane of the system, and is the home of the Monad. Divine coherency is demonstrated.
2. The Law of Cohesion.—This is one of the branch laws of the cosmic Law of Attraction. It is interesting to notice how this law demonstrates in this Love-System in a threefold manner:
On the plane of the Monad, as the law of cohesion, the law of birth, if we might use that term, resulting in the appearance of the Monads in their seven groups. Love the source, and the Monad of love, the result.
The atomic subplane sets the rate of vibration; the Law of Cohesion might be said to fix the colouring of each plane. It is the same thing in other words. We need always to remember in discussing these abstract fundamentals that words but dim the meaning, and serve but as suggestions and not as elucidations.
We might now briefly trace the correspondence in the second round and the second root-race, showing how the Law of Cohesion was specially active at these periods.
3. The Law of Disintegration.—This is the law that governs the destruction of the form in order that the indwelling life may shine forth in fullness. It is another aspect of the Law of Cohesion—the reverse side (if one might so express it), and is just as much a part of the divine plan as that of attraction.
Like all that works in the system, the process is slow; the work of disintegration begins on the third subplane, and is finished on the second, when the Law of Disintegration comes under the influence of the Law of Cohesion, the disintegration having effected that which makes cohesion possible.
There are, then, the seven minor Laws which produce the evolutionary unfoldment of man, the person, and man, the soul. These are:
1. The Law of Vibration, the atomic law of the solar system.
2. The Law of Cohesion, an aspect of the Law of Attraction.
3. The Law of Disintegration.
4. The Law of Magnetic Control, governing the control of the personality by the spiritual nature, via the soul nature.
5. The Law of Fixation. By means of this law the mind controls and stabilises.
6. The Law of Love, whereby the lower desire nature is transmuted.
7. The Law of Sacrifice and Death.
You are welcome to post your comments and understanding of this law.