1. There is Internal Vitalizing Fire, which is the correspondence to fire by friction. This is the sumtotal of individual kundalini; it animates the corporeal frame and demonstrates also in the twofold manner:
* First, as latent heat which is the basis of life of the spheroidal cell, or atom, and of its rotary adjustment to all other cells.
* Second, as active heat or prana; this animates all, and is the driving force of the evolving form. It shows itself in the four ethers and in the gaseous state, and a correspondence is here found on the physical plane in connection with man to the Akasha and its fivefold manifestation on the plane of the solar system.
This fire is the basic vibration of the little system in which the monad or human spirit is the logos, and it holds the personality or lower material man in objective manifestation thus permitting the spiritual unit to contact the plane of densest matter. It has its correspondence in the ray of intelligent activity and is controlled by the Law of Economy in one of its subdivisions, the Law of Adaptation in Time.
Alice A. Bailey, A Treatise on Cosmic Fire – Section One – Introductory Remarks – Fire in the Microcosm
The third Logos, or Brahma, is characterized by active intelligence; His mode of action is that which we call rotary, or that measured revolution of the matter of the system, first as a grand
totality, setting in movement the material circumscribed by the entire ring-pass-not, and secondly differentiating it, according to seven vibratory rates or measures into the seven planes. On each of these planes the process is pursued, and the matter of any plane within the plane ring-pass-not shows first as a totality and then as a sevenfold differentiation. This differentiation of matter is brought about by rotary motion, and is controlled by the Law of Economy (one of the cosmic laws) with which we will deal later, only pausing here to say that this Law of Economy might be considered as the controlling factor in the life of the third Logos. Therefore:
a. His goal is the perfect blending of Spirit and matter.
b. His function is the manipulation of prakriti, or matter, so as to make it fit, or equal to, the demands and needs of the Spirit.
c. His mode of action is rotary, or, by the revolution of matter, to increase activity and thereby make the material more pliable.
All these three concepts are governed by the Law of Economy, which is the Law of Adaptation in time and space, or the line of least resistance. This line of least resistance is that which is sought for and followed on the matter side of existence. Incidentally, Brahma manifests Will, because He is purpose, and Love because in this solar system Love is the line of least resistance. While this is an occult statement worthy of consideration, yet it must be remembered that He is primarily activity and intelligence with the aim of adaptability, and that this is His main characteristic.
Alice A. Bailey, A Treatise on Cosmic Fire – Section One – Division E – Motion on the Physical and Astral Planes
The subsidiary laws under the Law of Economy are four in number, dealing with the lower quaternary:
1. The Law of Vibration, dealing with the key note or measure of the matter of each plane. By knowledge of this law the material of any plane in its seven divisions can be controlled.
2. The Law of Adaptation, is the law governing the rotary movement of any atom on every plane and subplane.
3. The Law of Repulsion, governs that relationship between atoms, which results in their non-attachment and in their complete freedom from each other; it also keeps them rotating at fixed points from the globe or sphere of opposite polarity.
4. The Law of Friction, governs the heat aspect of any atom, the radiation of an atom, and the effect of that radiation on any other atom.
Alice A. Bailey, A Treatise on Cosmic Fire – Section One – Division F – The Law of Economy
You are welcome to post your comments and understanding of this law.