Below is the only reference to the Law of Repetition by Alice A. Bailey (AAB) in her voluminous writings and those given to her by Djwhal Khul (DK). Links on these pages of the Laws of Alice A. Bailey are to the online books at the Lucis Trust website.
For a discussion of what AAB means by a “law” please see Alice A. Bailey – What is a Law?
The method we are now considering is the distinctive one of this solar system and will persist till the end of the mahamanvantara. That the earlier method was seen in the moon-chain is only evidence of the steadfastness of the Law of Repetition by which every large cycle includes, in its earlier stages, all the lesser, and repeats the earlier procedure. This is a recognised fact, for instance, in the building of man’s physical body, for the foetus reproduces all earlier stages and forms till the human is achieved; again, as we know, the fourth round reproduces briefly the earlier three but has its own distinctive quality.
Although AAB only mentions the Law of Repetition once, she does mention “Repetition” a number of times in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire which might help to understand this law:
- The Idea of Repetition.
This repetition involves the following factors:
- Repetition in time: The thought of cyclic activity necessitates periods of time of differing length—greater or lesser cycles—but (according to their length) of uniform degree. A manvantara, or Day of Brahma, is always of a certain length, and so is a mahamanvantara. The cycles wherein an atom of any plane revolves upon its axis are uniform on its own plane.
- Repetition in fact: This involves the idea of a key measure, or sound of any particular group of atoms that go to the composition of any particular form. This grouping of atoms will tend to the make-up of a particular series of circumstances and will repeat the measure or sound when an animating factor is brought to bear upon them. When the vitalising force is contacting at stated periods a certain set of atoms, it will call forth from them a specific sound which will demonstrate objectively as environing circumstances. In other words,  the interplay of the Self and the not-self is invariabIy of a cyclic nature. The same quality in tone will be called forth by the Self as it indwells the form, but the key will ascend by gradual degrees. It is similar to the effect produced in striking the same note in different octaves, beginning at the base.
- Repetition in space: This concept is involved deep in the greater concept of karma, which is really the law that governs the matter of the solar system, and which commenced its work in earlier solar systems. We have, therefore, cycles in order, and repetition in an ever-ascending spiral, under definite law.
The thoughts thus conveyed might be expressed likewise as follows:
- a. The solar system repeating its activity….Repetition in Space.
- b. A planetary chain repeating its activity….Repetition in Time.
- c. The constant consecutive reverberation of a plane note, of a subplane note, and of all that is called into objectivity by that note…..Plane Repetition.
- d. The tendency of atoms to perpetuate their activity, and thus produce similarity of circumstance, of environment and of vehicle….Form Repetition.
When we carry these ideas on to every plane in the solar system, and from thence to the cosmic planes, we have opened up for ourselves infinitude.
- Repetition of Cyclic Action is Governed by Two Laws:
You are welcome to post your comments and understanding of this law.