Below are all of the known references to the Law of Disintegration in the writings of Alice A. Bailey (AAB) and Djwhal Khul (DK). Links on these pages of the Laws of Alice A. Bailey are to the online books at the Lucis Trust website.
For a discussion of what AAB means by a “law” please see Alice A. Bailey – What is a Law?
II. There is a basic law called the Law of Periodicity.
1. This law governs all manifestation, whether it is the manifestation of a solar Logos through the medium of a solar system, or the manifestation of a human being through the medium of a form. This law controls likewise in all the kingdoms of nature.
2. There are certain other laws in the system which are linked with this one; some of them are as follows:
c. The Law of Disintegration.
3. The Law of Disintegration. On the third plane comes the final casting-off, the ultimate shedding of the sheaths, of the fivefold superman. A Chohan of the sixth Initiation discards all the sheaths beneath the monadic vehicle, from the atmic to the physical.
3. The Law of Disintegration.—This is the law that governs the destruction of the form in order that the indwelling life may shine forth in fullness. It is another aspect of the Law of Cohesion—the reverse side (if one might so express it), and is just as much a part of the divine plan as that of attraction. It is one of the laws that ends with the solar system, for the great laws of attraction, cohesion and love last on into that which is to come. The Law of Disintegration has its correspondence in cosmic law, but it is almost incomprehensible to us.A Treatise on Cosmic Fire , I. THOUGHT FORMS – Part 2
Like all that works in the system, the process is slow; the work of disintegration begins on the third subplane, and is finished on the second, when the Law of Disintegration comes under the influence of the Law of Cohesion, the disintegration having effected that which makes cohesion possible.
The Law of Disintegration controls the fivefold destruction of forms in the five lower worlds, and the Law of Death controls similarly in the three worlds. It is subsidiary to the third law. The Law of Sacrifice is the Law of Death in the subtle bodies, whilst what we call death is the analogous thing in the physical body.
a. The Law of Disintegration is an aspect of the Law of Death. This is the law that governs the destruction of the form in order that the indwelling life may shine forth in fullness….This law breaks up the forms and the Law of Attraction draws back to primal sources the material of those forms.
There are, then, the seven minor Laws which produce the evolutionary unfoldment of man, the person, and man, the soul. These are:
1. The Law of Vibration, the atomic law of the solar system.
2. The Law of Cohesion, an aspect of the Law of Attraction.
3. The Law of Disintegration.
4. The Law of Magnetic Control, governing the control of the personality by the spiritual nature, via the soul nature.
5. The Law of Fixation. By means of this law the mind controls and stabilises.
6. The Law of Love, whereby the lower desire nature is transmuted.
Author Joseph J. Dewey writes on disintegration that:
“If intelligence is withdrawn from a creation then energy also dissipates and the system begins to disintegrate and fall apart.”
“A great example of this is the withdrawal of an intelligent entity from its body at death. When the intelligence withdraws then intelligent energy is not supplied to sustain the body and it rapidly starts to fall apart, or disintegrate.” -Principle 73, JJD
You are welcome to post your comments and understanding of this law.